Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Design

Do not yield to conformity, embrace your uniqueness

About 2 days ago.. after finishing the "Ramen shirt".. i was stumped for my next concept.. i was about to start on my book that I have been wanting to draw for a while when my nephew said "hey tito(uncle in tagalog) why don't u draw something for "defiance" or "against the norm"?". So i told him "against the norm" i have something for which is my "Stop being Sheep" shirt..but the word defiance spoke to me..

Now I have always been thought weird since my social skills aren't on par with my siblings but I have always tried not to conform to what everyone else is doing. I say tried since am not going to lie but i did follow trends back when i was younger but around high school i started to learn that i don't really care of what people think of how i look, how i dress as long as am comfortable, i didn't care.. ehehehehe so i guess i started defying the so called trends.(But not in technology since i love technology and i always want the new things ahahhaha)

Took a class in College on Popular culture and my professor told me that I was a closet revolutionary. Which i found funny, hilarious but somehow true. I don't say much when it comes to most things since i respect people's opinions since i want the same respect when i tell them my opinion. But there are things that i say things out loud which doesn't make me popular in some groups. And that's what this shirt is all about i think.

Defiance against the so called norm. I don't need anybody telling me how to worship someone, how to live my life. Defy what people follow and make your own path. People will always hate what they don't understand but as long as you are happy with what or who you are then their opinions and their beliefs shouldn't bring you down.

like I've always said... just be you..


No comments:

Post a Comment